Wednesday 2 March 2016

Poster Inspiration

For my auxiliary poster I researched other horror film posters, teasers and theatrical and took influence and inspiration from them and others in order to create mine. Despite not being finished as of now all I need to do is put on my new main image. The main poster I focused on when creating my poster was this one, 'One Missed Call' originally a Japanese film from 2003 with an American re-make in 2008. If you research horror posters, many of them look the same, or have the same general layout as the one pictured above. And when you compare this one to mine you can see the similarities, the credit block, main image, title and tag line.
The tagline 'WHAT WILL IT SOUND LIKE WHEN YOU DIE?' is suspenseful, it leaves you thinking what it means, and with my poster 'THE NIGHT IT CAME HOME' does the same thing, makes you question what it is and what it will do, enticing the audience. Also the main image I really liked, notice how around the hand and the face it seems to blend into the darkness as if it is coming out of the dark, hiding in the unknown. That's the image I tried to create with my poster, and it matches with the film. The 'antagonist' whatever it is, is never fully seen, it's always lurking in the shadows. It's a very unsettling poster. The round face, dark, dull wide smile and also by using two mouths as eyes creates a certain eeriness and makes you feel uncomfortable even just when looking at it. There are many other posts I took inspiration from such as 'Scream 4' and 'Mirrors'. But this one especially for it really does make me feel uncomfortable just looking at it. What makes it so good is how scary it is with no blood, gore or guts, just playing with your imagination and using simple techniques to scare the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment