Tuesday 10 May 2016

eval q3

3) What have I learnt from audience feedback? One of the most important factors in creating a good trailer is taking advice and constructive criticism from your peers. Not only did I receive feedback from the people in my class, but the rest of the school’s year 13 sixth form and also friends outside of school. Every other week, in class we would show each other how our trailers were coming along and we would give each other feedback of what was good and how to improve. It was really helpful for you got the positives and the negatives. One thing that people always commented on was the audio, the original music I had was a old toy music box, sort of like a jack in the box wind up. My peers said it did not fit the genre of the fim, and looking back in hindsight, it didn’t. Also I felt as if I was restricted to that one song, when I changed it I found many more different pieces of audio that i liked and it sounded a lot better, and looking at the trailer now the audio is one of the key parts, it helps shape it and set the mood. One of the most important things about getting feedback from your audience is that it keeps you on your toes, it makes you strive for something better. You don’t settle for second best, every time someone makes a bit of criticism, sometimes taking it personally can be a good thing because you put that extra effort in. I’ve mentioned before, the trailer itself is supposed to be psychologically challenging, it appeals to a smaller group of people, a niche audience. So I was getting feedback on things like the quick change in audio, scenes moving too fast and too slow or the lack of speech itself. And this is what I was trying to do, so if my film is going to appeal to a niche audience I’m going to receive a lot of feedback on what to alter and what to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment