Tuesday 10 May 2016

eval q4

Comparing A2 to AS, this year in A2 I used far more sophisticated and advanced software and also hardware. Firstly the camera I used, the Panasonic Fz330. It was a good camera, good quality, great zoom and also built in effects. For example when we were filming in the woods during the day, I dimmed the brightness and put a filter over it that made it look like the sun was setting. Add that to the filters on the software and you’ve totally manipulated the footage. It took me a while to work out how to use the camera for it was quite a sophisticated piece of equipment. Compared to last year were i took the photos with my phone, the quality was so much better. I also tried to mix up various different software. Last year to manipulate and edit photo's I used the free online tool that is Pixlr. It was simple, easy to use and I was happy with the look of my photo's however they could have been far better. With Pixlr you are limited to what you can do, where as with something else like photoshop you can create anything out everything. It's infamous for altering photos for good and for bad. I took a photo of my friend Callum with a reversed KISS mask on, it looked pretty stupid at first but when I put it into photoshop and changed the contrast, brightness, hue and other elements it ended up looking very scary and professional. Using final cut pro made a big difference swell now instead of having to use just still images like we did with the magazine, now we were using real rolling footage so if was a big difference using different editing software. At first I found it quite challenging to use but after I started using it more and more and started to get the hang of it, it now seems simple. Like photoshop it was great for editing and manipulating scenes to give a different vibe or affect, like many of the shots were taken in the morning sunlight, very bright, but when I put some filters over it and changed the brightness it really changed the effect and mood of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment