Wednesday 14 October 2015

Film Workshop

On the 12th of October, my media class and I took a trip to the Corby Cube to receive a talk from BBC cameraman Robert Foster, this was all set up by a local film group. Robert has been active for over 30 years so he has seen various changes in the film-making industry and is very experienced in his industry.  He had worked on various different projects from documentaries, interviews and also big name films like "The Expendables"and "Straw Dogs". I found his talk very interesting for it appealed to my film in many ways. For example he started to talk about lighting and how to capture someones face in the right light, showing different techniques and traditions that I'd never known of. He spoke about using a big piece of polystyrene to help amplify the light which seems like a very cheap and effective method, this was applicable to my film for I will be filming at night and have had issues with lighting in the planning process. Also his talk about different camera angles was very interesting for he showed us many that I had seen and recognised but never known the name of, for example the Dutch Tilt shown below...

No comments:

Post a Comment