Sunday 18 October 2015

Questionnaire Results

Here are the results for my questionnaire. This has been very helpful in deciding the plot for my movie. For me, especially in horror films, finding the right balance is key. You don't want too much blood and gore and you don't want too many jump scares because then it just starts to look cheap and you begin relying on them to make your movie watchable. I want to use classic cinema techniques to make my films scary, relying on tension and suspense to give the audience a thrill. Looking at these results people agree with my statement about blood and guts (Question 2) so that's helpful. Also people don't need love and romance, that is one thing i believe that ruins horror films, romance and lovers and its inevitable a intimate scene is coming up. Other things like what people dislike in horror films will be a key focus also, the one answer I liked was weak narratives. I want to pot itself to be scary, not blood and jump scenes.
The one key thing to remember is despite trying to appeal to a target audience, don't base everything around them. I believe if I do it will not be my own product anymore, my aim isn't to make one persons perfect film. I must still stick with my natural instinct and do what I thinks best for the trailer. Question 8 reveals a lot also, we get to find out what everyones favourite horror film is. This means i can take inspiration from these films and combine different aspects from them to create my film, I believe it is important to look at many other films and take inspiration from them in order to create my product.


No comments:

Post a Comment