Monday 22 February 2016

Reflection on Production so Far

Filming has been much harder than expected, there is so many things I didn't really take into account before we started filming. Finding actors, getting them together at the same time, reviewing the footage on the computer after, lighting, camera angles and general audio. So at first, personally I struggled. I was very excited at first, so when I wrote the first plot I went  into a lot of detail because I wanted to create the most impressive trailer I could. Then when it came to actually filming it I realized that it was not going to be straight forward at all, getting all the actors together at the same time, and actually getting to the location was a big problem. Then when it came to acting, the script was a bit to elaborate, when looking at the footage it just looked cheap and it generally wasn't very good. So instead of sitting around and using the poor footage I decided to re-write the plot, something that was easier to film but the final product would still be just as good. And I am confident in the plot, even filming at the minute is far more enjoyable and the scenes we are coming up with a far more creative. We are not far from getting all the footage we need, then I can start the final edit and put all the pieces together. I have some good ideas I want to include in the film and some different shots I would like to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment