Monday 22 February 2016

Revising Locations

Another one of the issues with our old script was actually getting to the locations, one of the locations we tried to use an old abandoned steel mill was locked by the council because it was deemed dangerous, and setting plays a huge part in film so when you are not able to use a specific setting you planned to use, it really affects the rest of the film. Even the woods became near impossible to film in due to bad weather, it was just to muddy and unsafe due to steep and slippy terrain. So this really effected the film, then we decided to re-write the plot with new locations. The new locations are far safer and easier to get to, but still great places where I can get some good shots. I would also like to base my plot around the setting, it really helped me re-write the story. I'd like to shoot quite a bit of the trailer in my own house, a big part of the film is isolation and the feeling that the protagonist is being watched, driving him into his home in fear. We have already done a bit of filming with new locations, and putting filters and effects over footage really helps set atmosphere and a level of suspense I've found. 
 - This shot pictured above is one of the newer pieces of footage, we took this at a path near my house that leads into a field by a lake. I have included this in the new storyboard for I believe there are quite a few good shots we could get out here. Also this is what I mean by adding effects and filters, it was quite a sunny day, not very intimidating. So I altered the brightness and put a filter over the footage and it has a very eerie look, especially when you see the actual footage with the backing track. Very effective.

- The shot pictured below took us nearly an hour to get, we had to go into my attic but its very cluttered and not a lot of room to move and because we couldn't see the camera screen it really was just a case of trial and error. We couldn't see where his headd was until he came down, I went up and watched the footage. Eventually we thought, go up, but move up and down so start high and gradually come lower so we definitely get your head in the shot. This is a scene I really want to re-shoot because it could be very effective, but I'd like to get more of his body in it and more of the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment